Teaching At Hill Breeze

Health & Well-being
Spiritual Awakening
Voluntary work
powered by

My Blog

Teaching At Hill Breeze

For the first couple of days, I sat in on classes and observed the lessons as an induction into the curriculum. Then I was given my own classes to teach:  class 2 SocialStudies, class 3 English and class 4 Science. I am not a teacher by profession, but I have a science background and my life experience has included many public speaking events, plus training and coaching activities; so I found that inspite of my initial nerves, I really enjoyed teaching the classes. It really helped to do lesson planning for the following day to ensure that visual aids and the best means of presenting the subject was worked out in advance.  As Kenyan spoken English tends to have quite a strong accent, I had to ensure that I spoke slowly, repeated important information often and said things in different ways to ensure that the class understood me. Sometimes to illustrate a point I used comic actions in order to make them laugh and retain their attention! This amused them no end, maybe because Kenyan teaching methods can be quite formal and serious.
Orphan class in Oyugis, Kenya

7 Comments to Teaching At Hill Breeze:

Comments RSS
Brinda Jack on 07 October 2017 04:25
You nailed it in the true ways.
Reply to comment

assignment writing help uk on 28 August 2018 08:28
The place which we saw in the photo is the place where these kids get knowledge. That place were occurred in the hills and people would like that their kids must be get knowledge and no matter of place where they get knowledge.
Reply to comment

asdasd on 19 September 2018 04:01
dasdasd
Reply to comment

Smith on 24 September 2018 12:20
I am happy to read this post about Teaching At Hill Breeze. I am really impressed with this post. Thanks for it. london yellow stock bricks
Reply to comment

bestessays.com on 02 October 2018 11:29
Teaching is one of the best things in the world that we can do to help each other out. Knowledge is power and having this kind of power holds a lot of responsibilities to share. Sharing what we know, sharing what we think, sharing what should be shared with everyone, these are the things that are built in the capability of teaching. Anyway, it will not feel like it is a responsibility of we enjoy letting others feed from our insights and knowledge. It is a great thing to let others learn from you, especially if you have been given with a brain that holds a lot of information to share with other people.
Reply to comment

loegmrntdherid1 on 20 October 2018 06:31
Thanks for the nice blog.
Reply to comment

UK Assignment Writer on 12 November 2018 10:41
Teaching is the best profession in the World. We can do help each other, You must have Knowledge for the share the students.
Reply to comment